RCSC Title I
Facts about Title I
- Title I provides supplemental federal funding for low achieving children.
- Title I helps our schools by supplementing the regular educational programs offered at our schools to help students meet State standards.
- Rensselaer Central Primary School and Van Rensselaer are schoolwide Title I schools. A schoolwide school enhances the whole educational program within a school to meet the needs of the lowest achieving students. Students who are at risk of not meeting the State standards are targeted.
- Presently our schools are offering Supplemental Educational Services (SES). A child is eligible for SES services, if he/she receives free or reduced lunch and is non-proficient in Reading/Language Arts and/or Math.
- Parents are an important part of Title I.
- Schools offer a variety of workshops for parents about many topics on how to help your child.
- Parents are needed to help change the Title I’s school policy to attend informational meetings.
- Parents are needed to attend Parent/Teacher conferences to participate in classroom visits.