• A messaging program that links to PowerSchool for communication of delays/cancellations and emergency notifications.
• It can send emails, texts and even call parents in the case of an emergency, quickly.
How does a parent get on SchoolMessenger?
If you have students in school,
1. Log in to your PowerSchool Parent Portal or click here.
2. Find the Ecollect Forms located on the left
3. Look for a form called Contact Info-SchoolMessenger
4. Complete all the fields, BUT ESPECIALLY….
5. The Cell Phone fields. THESE ARE THE FIELDS THAT SCHOOLMESSENGER USES TO SEND A TEXT. IF THEY ARE BLANK, NO TEXT WILL BE SENT
6. Click Submit.
7. At 11 PM nightly, this information is loaded in the system. AFTER 11 PM, text YES to 67587
Then you will receive text messages about delays and cancellations.
If you don’t have students in School
1. Complete this survey.
2. The day after your survey is completed, text YES to 67587.
- If both the cell number and the confirmation are not in SchoolMessenger, you will not receive messages.
- Simply sending a text to 67587 does not complete the process.
- If you need further assistance feel free to call the office at 219-866-7822 or message us on Facebook or call the office at 219-866-7822.